In 2010 NABA -Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti Milano- celebrates its 30th birthday and joins Laureate International Universities, a network of more than 100 campus in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. The number of international students hosted by the Academy, nowadays accounting for the 20% of the students population, will therefore significantly grow in the incoming years. That’s why NABA launches a competition aimed at collecting the best ideas and projects focusing on hospitality, a specially relevant subject for an institution welcoming every year more than 200 students from more than 40 different countries, based in an increasingly multicultural town such as Milan.
Hospitality as welcoming culture and openness towards innovation and change. A subject especially relevant for NABA, used to explore the continuous mutations of identities, territories, forms of life and communication, through creative practices such as visual arts, fashion and design.
8 full scholarships (one for each program) are available for the authors of the best hospitality-oriented projects, declined in the various areas of NABA Master programs starting in January 2011:
– Communication Design – Two-year Master of Arts Degree
– Film and new Media – Two-year Master of Arts Degree
– Product Design – Two-year Master of Arts Degree
– Textile and new Materials Design – Two-year Master of Arts Degree
– Visual Arts and Curatorial Studies – Two-year Master of Arts Degree
– Digital Exhibit and Set Design – One-year Master Program
– Interior Design – One-year Master Program
– Photography and Visual Design – One-year Master Program