The #ModernismProject is a mobile initiative encouraging the Palm Springs Modernism Week community to get involved and capture modernism in their everyday lives through their photo lens. Starting in October through January, participants will have the opportunity, twice a month, to win tickets to Modernism Week events or prizes by simply snapping a photo and showing their own personal perspective on modernism.
Here’s how to play:
- Follow us on Instagram (search for user name Modernism_Week), the blog, Facebook, and Twitter to follow the bi-monthly contest prompts. You can always visit this page for the most current prompt too.
- Grab your smartphone.
- Photograph anything and everything related to the current prompt and add your favorite filter, tilt-shift, or bokeh flare.
- Upload it to your Instagram account, and add the hashtag #ModernismProject, as well as the hashtag for the most current prompt (ie. #architecture) so that we can track your submission by each contest. Feel free to submit more than one photo.
- Starting in October, we’ll announce the challenge prompt every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, and announce a winner on the following Wednesday by tagging them on Instagram – so check your news feeds to see if you’ve won!
- For each contest, we’ll have a special guest judge, so make them pretty, make them creative and dazzle us! We can’t wait to see what you come up with.
The calendar of prompt dates is included below. Don’t worry, we’ll also remind you on Instagram, the blog, Facebook and Twitter as we announce the prompt topics themselves. Additionally, we have something special planned for February, but you’ll just have to wait for that! So get ready, set, and shoot!
There will a total of 1 winner for each competition. Winners will receive a pair of tickets to one Palm Springs Modernism Week event of their choosing. Tickets are non-transferable. If the winner does not live in the vicinity, or will not be attending the event in February, they will receive a choice of prizes from the Palm Springs Modernism Week MODSHOP.
More information on website blog.modernismweek.com